“…Time can be slowed if you live deliberately. If you stop and watch sunsets. If you spend time sitting on porches listening to the woods. If you give in to the reality of the seasons.” ― Thomas Christopher Greene
- It slows down time. Watching a sunset can slow down your perception of time by allowing you take in the moment and take control of the clock. “According to 2012 research, participants who felt awe — defined as ‘the emotion that arises when one encounters something so strikingly vast that it provokes a need to update one’s mental schemas’ — felt like they had more time available and were less impatient.” –Huffington Post
- It forces you to put your phone down. Everyone could use a digital detox, but even the simple task of setting down your phone and gazing at the sunset allows your eyes to look away from a screen and enjoy the moment. Book a vacation and try challenging yourself to a week away from your phone. We guarantee it will help change your outlook!
- it helps you become in-tune with nature. Taking a break from your schedule and stepping outside can be good for both your mental and physical health. Allowing yourself to take a moment to enjoy a sunset can promote mindfulness, relaxation and can improve cognitive functioning. You can also try going for a walk or a run during the time the sun sets.
- It helps you appreciate life’s gifts. “Studies have shown that practicing gratitude is associated with a sense of overall gladness, improved sleep and even increased patience.” – Huffington Post
- They are inspiring. Sharing and enjoying some of mother nature’s phenomena can have positive effects, provide spiritual healing, and provide inspiration to your everyday life.